I still care about West Indies cricket, says Darren Sammy

Monday, May 8, 2017

Darren SammyDarren Sammy

Darren Sammy says he has no regrets of publicly lambasting the West Indies board post-victory in last year’s World T20 final which effectively became his last international match till date.

Two-time World T20 winning captain, Sammy is busy playing T20 Leagues around the world and has passed the stage where he would sulk over being ignored again and again. “It is sad that my last international was the World T20 final. I am still available for selection in limited-overs cricket but I am not going to cry over non-selection,” Sammy said. “I am still out there playing in the different leagues around the world, if selected I am available. But I am not crying over spilt milk.

“What I said after winning the final, I said it from my heart. I expected things to happen. But I don’t lose sleep over it anymore. God has blessed me tremendously. He is my selector. I still do care about West Indies cricket,” Sammy added.

Related Post

Next
Previous